What do dermal fillers (Restylane/Juvederm/Radiesse) treat?
- Diagonal creases extending from base of nose, downward and outward
- Indentations around the mouth
- Acne scars
- Vertical lines above the upper lip
- Improve definition of the outline of the lips and restore their contour
- Enhancing fullness of facial features such as lips, cheeks, chin, temples, and under eye areas
- Lines from the corners of the lips
- Filling in scars
How safe are dermal fillers?
Restylane and Radiesse are very safe, FDA-approved, and well understood by medical experts.
How is this procedure performed?
After talking with us, and having a thorough examination of the area, we will discuss if you would benefit from an injection of dermal fillers, and if so, which sites would accomplish the result that you're looking for. The procedure is generally performed with the patient sitting up in a chair, and the dermal fillers are injected under the skin. The dermal fillers are injected just underneath creases in the skin, to raise the skin to the level of the surrounding tissues. A topical anesthetic may be applied prior to injection, and it is virtually painless. Patients should avoid strenuous exercise and exposure to sun for the first 24 hours after treatment, but otherwise patients can resume normal activitiy immediately.
Generally, the one-time treatment will yield results lasting between nine months and a year and a half. You will see results immediately after the procedure, before leaving the location where you are treated.